Release Date: 25 August 2014
Format: LP Vinyl
|White Hills Glitter Glamour Atrocity Limited Translucent Blue Vinyl LP + Download
· ‘Glitter Glamour Atrocity’ is White Hills’ second album,
originally self-released in January 2007 as a limited edition handmade CDR and unavailable on any other format until now.
· The album has now been mastered by Heba Kadry at Timeless Mastering and is being released on both CD and LP with brand new artwork.
· Album song ‘Under Skin Or By Name’ is featured in Jim
Jarmusch’s acclaimed film ‘Only Lovers Left Alive’ (starring
Tilda Swinton and Tom Hiddleston). White Hills were one of only two featured musical performances in the film.
· ‘Glitter Glamour Atrocity’ is a snapshot of the band in the midst of an incredible burst of creativity and was recorded during the same sessions that produced ‘Heads On Fire’ and ‘Abstractions & Mutations’. Sonically, it is radically different from anything else coming out of the New York underground at the time and it set the template for the
singular concoction of heavy psychedelic music, Krautrock
and a worship of the pure sound they have explored in
different variations ever since.
· LP version pressed on virgin vinyl with free download card. Initial copies are pressed on translucent blue vinyl,
remaining copies on black.
1. Under Skin Or By Name
2. Spirit of Exile
4. Somewhere Along the Way
5. Long Serve Remember
7. Glitter Glamour Atrocity