Release Date: 11 August 2014
Format: LP Vinyl
|Ned Collette & Wirewalker Networking in Purgatory Limited Vinyl LP
· Ned Collette & Wirewalker have been carving their name
deep into the musical landscape of Australia over the course of two albums and ‘Networking In Purgatory’, their third, is the most sumptuous and accomplished yet.
· Co-produced by Collette and his Wirewalker partner Joe
Talia, ‘Networking In Purgatory’s natural full-bodied sounds befit the easy stride that Collette and his band have hit.
· Originally from Melbourne, Ned has resided in Berlin for
the last four years and this album was recorded in both
cities. Fittingly, the album cover is a photo taken of Berlin from a plane as Ned returned home to finish the record and sums up the outsider in Ned’s music. However, there’s beauty born out of displacement. As a Brisbane daily paper wrote recently, “Collette makes music that gently suffuses into the bloodstream. Which is the opposite of how the music industry works now.”
· Despite the album’s own clearly distinct voice it still
manages to evoke suggestions of Pink Floyd, Kevin Ayers,
Brian Eno, Kraftwerk and even Joni Mitchell or Paul Giovanni. Sparse acoustic songs such as ‘Across The Frozen Bridge’ are joined by the driving minimalist electronica of ‘Vanitas Quack’, the instantaneous ‘Bird’ and the melancholic and luscious-sounding opening track ‘At The Piano’.
· Forthcoming dates supporting Gema Ray.
· “Sublime… gleaming, plaintive, airily arranged” - Mojo
· “It has a sort of grandness about it, like all the best and most intricate pop” - Drowned in Sound.
1. At the Piano
2. Networking in Purgatory
5. Vanitas Quack
6. Opiate Eyes
7. Across the Frozen Bridge
8. Echoes Toes
10. A Lawyer Or a Gimmick