Release Date: 21 July 2014
Format: LP Vinyl
|Can Saw Delight Limited Remastered Vinyl LP
· Following the release of the ‘Can Vinyl Box’ - the limited edition box set that consisted of 17 LPs housed in a linen wrapped box, Mute are now proud to release the Can studio albums individually on vinyl.
· ‘Future Days’, ‘Soon Over Babaluma’, ‘Landed’, ‘Flow Motion’ and ‘Saw Delight’ are the second batch of the series, following ‘Monster Movie’, ‘Soundtracks’, ‘Tago Mago’ and ‘Ege Bamyasi’, released last month.
· The albums were mastered and cut to vinyl by Kevin Metcalfe at The Soundmasters, London. The remastering and vinyl processing was coordinated by long time collaborator Jono Podmore. Additional titles will be released over the coming months.
· ‘Saw Delight’ is the ninth Can studio album. It features two new band members who were exmembers of Traffic.
· The album’s musical direction flirts with world music and precedes the mid-1980s world music trend set by artists such as Paul Simon and Peter Gabriel.
· ‘Saw Delight’ was made as a binaural recording, a method of recording sound that uses two microphones arranged with the intent to create a 3D stereo sound sensation of actually being in the room with the performers or instruments.
1. Don't Say No
2. Sunshine Day and Night
3. Call Me
4. Animal Waves
5. Fly By Night