Release Date: 16 June 2014
Format: LP Vinyl
|Can Soundtracks Limited Remastered Vinyl LP
· Following the release of the ‘Can Vinyl Box’, the limited edition box set that consisted of 17 LPs housed in a linen wrapped box, Mute are now proud to release the Can studio albums individually on vinyl.
· Released in batches, the first albums in the series to be
released are ‘Ege Bamyasi’, ‘Monster Movie’, ‘Soundtracks’ and ‘Tago Mago’.
· The albums were mastered and cut to vinyl by Kevin Metcalfe at The Soundmasters, London. Remasters and vinyl processing was coordinated by long time collaborator Jono Podmore.
· ‘Soundtracks’ is a compilation album, first released in 1970, consisting of tracks written for film.
· The album marks the departure of the band’s original vocalist Malcolm Mooney, who sings on two tracks, to be replaced by new member Damo Suzuki.
· ‘She Brings The Rain’, originally appearing in the 1969 film ‘Bottom’ by Thomas Schamoni, was later featured in Wim
Wenders’ 1994 film ‘Lisbon Story’, the 2000 Oskar Roehler film ‘Die Unberührbare’ and Tran Anh Hung’s film ‘Norwegian
Wood’, released in 2010.
· ‘Don’t Turn The Light On, Leave Me Alone’ features Damo
Suzuki’s first recorded performance with Can.
· In March 2005, Q placed ‘Mother Sky’ at Number 48 in its list of the 100 Greatest Guitar Tracks.
2. Tango Whiskyman
3. Deadlock (Instrumental)
4. Don't Turn The Light On, Leave Me Alone
5. Soul Desert
6. Mother Sky
7. She Brings The Rain