Release Date: 23 June 2014
Format: LP Vinyl
|The Free Fall Band The Münster Sights Limited Vinyl LP
· The Free Fall Band are five very young timeless pop creators bursting with melody and sublime choruses, hailing from Mataró, a village north Barcelona.
· ‘Elephants Never Forget’ was the band’s debut album, produced by Miqui Puig and released on LAV Records. The record sums up The Free Fall Band perfectly: echoes of The Beatles, Jonathan Richman, The Shins, The Zombies… fun and emotion in equal measure, carefully assembled arrangements and a youthful image.
· 2013 put them at the forefront of Spanish pop, thanks to
landmark moments such as their performance at the Primavera
Sound Festival and supporting Rodriguez in Barcelona. They
also released their first step on El Segell del Primavera, an EP with covers of The Strokes, Violent Femmes, New Order,
Booker T. & The MGs and Jonathan Richman.
· And now their second album arrives. It’s called ‘The Münster Sights’ and shows the band in another level: the songs reflect a band that have been playing and growing as musicians. The album was produced by Darren Hayman (he used to play in Hefner and has a long and amazing solo career) and engineered by Giles Barrett (from London popsters Tigercats), a perfect choice for The Free Fall Band as they’ve long been fans of both musicians. As a result ‘The Münster Sights’ sounds richer and fatter than their previous efforts and contains such great numbers as ‘Fontana’ and ‘I Want To Know’.
1. I Want to Know
2. City of Raleigh
4. Look at Me Run, Dear
5. Lonesome Cowboy, Solitary Peggy Sue
6. Oh, What an Awkward Day
7. By Your Window
8. Every Man
9. The Barbershop
10. A Friend's Homecoming
11. The Münster Sights