Release Date: 19 May 2014
Format: LP Vinyl
|Plaid Reachy Prints Limited Vinyl LP
· ‘Reachy Prints’ will mark Plaid’s extensive 25 years working together as well as their 10th studio album, following their previous successful release, ‘Scintilli’. Released via Warp records, ‘Reachy Prints’ is an album which offers fans and new listeners the experience of a journey into a subterranean world.
· The duo are known for their tradition of collaborations, which has seen them work with a diverse range of musicians - from Björk to the London Sinfonietta, to the Southbank Gamelan Players - as well as artists and innovators in music technology.
· ‘Reachy Prints’ continues the evolution of Plaid’s long nurtured sound world and reveals some of its hidden, most complex domains. Musically, much of the new album feels like a journey into subterranean worlds with the grimy robotic tunnelling of ‘Wallet’ and ‘Ropen’ and the cavernous elation of ‘Hawkmoth’ and ‘OH’. We surface with the sparkling ‘Matin Lunaire’ and the driving melodies of ‘Liverpool Street’.
· The album title alludes to “the creative process, the capturing of ideas, and the devotion required to recreate them.”
· The artwork for ‘Reachy Prints’ is created in collaboration with installation artist Eric Studer: “The photograph represents a personal reflection after a radical experience. Two elements complement one another… The merging of the two images implies a new starting point in life. It serves as memento since it is hard to recall the incident. Altogether the image clarifies that the past is irreversible and that an answer to ‘why’ is not relevant any longer.”
6. Matin Lunaire
9. Liverpool St