Release Date: 10 February 2014
Format: LP Double Vinyl
|Illum Sphere Ghosts Of Then And Now Limited 180gram Gatefold Vinyl LP
· Ryan Hunn, AKA Illum Sphere - founder of Manchester’s near
legendary club night Hoya:Hoya, Radiohead remixer, with
releases on 3024, Tectonic, Young Turks - has found a new
home on Ninja Tune with his debut full-length ‘Ghosts Of Then And Now’.
· Illum Sphere recently played at the 25th Solid Steel Anniversary in London (in an all-vinyl back-to-back set with Mr Scruff) and at Warehouse Project, Manchester, alongside Flying Lotus, Jamie xx, Rustie, J-Rocc, John Talabot and more. He’s played everywhere, from Low End Theory in LA to Sydney, Australia.
· Illum Sphere is both a key player in the Manchester music
scene and a unique presence on the global stage.
· Hoya:Hoya, the club night he co-founded in 2008 along with
Jonny Dub, now boasts residents Eclair Fifi, Jon K, Lone and
Krystal Klear, with mic skills from Chunky and Fox, and visuals by EMN, bringing names like Four Tet, Dabrye, Ikonika and Kuedo to the city. It’s known as one of the best parties in the country.
· Thom Yorke and XL Recordings asked Illum Sphere to remix
Radiohead, who then invited him to appear on the seminal ‘King Of Limbs’ remixed edition of Boiler Room, alongside Caribou, Jamie xx and Lone, in addition to DJing at the afterparty of Radiohead’s O2 concert.
· ‘Ghosts Of Then And Now’ is on 180g double vinyl (including digital download codes) in a gatefold sleeve (6mm spine) with black and white print on rough board.
2. At Night (Feat. Mai Nestor)
4. The Earth Is Blind (Prelude)
5. The Road (Feat. Shadowbox)
7. It'll Be Over Soon
8. One Letter from Death
9. Ghosts of Then and Now
10. Love Theme from Foreverness (Feat. Shadowbox)
11. Lights Out/In Shinjuku
12. Near the End
13. Embryonic (Feat. Shadowbox)