Release Date: 03 February 2014
Format: LP Double Vinyl
|Behemoth The Satanist Limited Vinyl 2LP Set
· “The Satanist is magic. It’s dangerous. It’s adventurous, and it’s organic,” states Nergal, the driving force behind Behemoth since their inception in 1991. Brief exposure to this, the band’s tenth album more than supports this statement. While instantly recognizable as the work of the Polish blackened death quartet, ‘The Satanist’ moves their sound in previously unimagined and riveting directions.
Writhing, densely layered, brutally violent and sinister, and quite unlike anything ever unleashed within the canon of heavy music.
· It’s been a rocky road leading to the realization of the album. Having dropped 2009’s ‘Evangelion’ to almost universal critical acclaim - topping the charts in their native country and dramatically expanding their following around the world - and playing some of the best shows of their lives, the band seemed truly unstoppable. But, in
August 2010 Nergal was diagnosed with leukaemia, stopping them in their tracks.
Forced to abandon their ongoing ‘Evangelion’ tour, Nergal was hospitalized and both he and Behemoth faced an uncertain future. With the search for a bone marrow donor ultimately successful Nergal underwent a transplant, leaving the hospital after six months and beginning down the long road to rehabilitation, crowned by a headline appearance at Bloodstock 2012.
· While many bands might be concerned with how to follow up a record as devastatingly powerful and successful as ‘Evangelion’, Nergal faced no such doubts. The title of the record itself is undeniable in its power, and Nergal sees it as capturing the primal wisdom that the band have always tried to maintain.
· After twenty three years, and ten albums into their career, Behemoth are still in the ascendant - a statement to their commitment, determination and capacity for writing
such powerful music.
· On heavyweight double vinyl in a gatefold sleeve with poster, and additionally as a digital download album.
Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel
Ora Pro Nobis
In The Absence Ov Light
O Father O Satan O Sun