Release Date: 03 February 2014
Format: LP Vinyl
|Grand Magus Triumph And Power Limited 180gram Vinyl LP + Poster
· Grand Magus were founded by JB Christofferson (vocals / guitars) and Mats ‘Fox’ Skinner (bass) in 1996. Two years later, Fredrik ‘Trisse’ Liefvendahl joined on drums and their first two demos were released. In November of 2001 the self titled debut album - obviously inspired by the late creative period of bands such as Black Sabbath or Deep Purple - was unleashed on the cult doom label Rise Above. ‘Monument’ (2003) and ‘Wolf’s Return’ (2005) followed, garnering increasingly enthusiastic press reactions. On their fourth studio album, 2008’s ‘Iron Will’, Grand Magus redefined their style whilst still acknowledging their own roots.
· Firmly recognised as Sweden’s riff gods, in 2012 they unleashed ‘The Hunt’, which saw them land a slot on the main stage at the Bloodstock Festival, as well as headline their biggest UK club tour to date.
· The Stockholm based trio re-entered Studio Sweetspot in Halmstad in early September 2013 with producer Nico Elgstrand and engineer Staffan Karlsson (Arch Enemy, Spiritual Beggars). The resulting album, ‘Triumph And Power’, certainly lives up to its name. From the rainfall that heralds the opening of ‘On Hooves Of Gold’, to the fist-in-the-air punch of ‘Steel Versus Steel’ and the crushing glory of the title track, Grand Magus can certainly claim to have a classic metal style all their own.
· As commented by the band: “It's a metal triumph of Viking power!!! This is our strongest album yet, it has the Northern feel, it has the power and the melody that has become our mark of excellence. Fans of true metal will take this album to their hearts. To top everything off, we have the striking and epic artwork of Anthony Roberts. The album cover perfectly captures the work on this album and Grand
Magus as a band. Stay true!”
· If you worship at the alter of Dio, Michael Schenker and Ritchie Blackmore you will almost certainly see the new Grand Magus album as a powerful triumph.
· Available as a 180g LP with poster