Release Date: 27 January 2014
Format: LP Vinyl
|Pontiak Innocence Limited White (first 500) Vinyl LP
· “For all of their affinity for murky, sludgy sounds, Pontiak roars away with remarkable precision, pulling off that men-as-machine ethos quite convincingly. Maybe it’s a sibling thing?” - San Francisco Bay Guardian
· Pontiak are made up of three brothers that grew up and live on farms in Virginia. Their lifelong closeness yields uncommon musical understanding, creative collaboration and personal camaraderie. Their singular combination of impressive work ethic and boundless creativity pays off on their new album, ‘Innocence’.
· From the explosive title track to the mellow groove of ‘Wildfires’, these 11 songs form some of the most absorbing and melodic material the band have produced, without ever losing their signature heft. It was recorded in the band’s Studio A in Virginia without the aid of computers.
· When the band began to compose the songs that became ‘Innocence’, instead of employing their well-worn method of carving out melodic passages from the squall of feedback and fuzz, the Carney brothers’ songs frequently began the process with a trio of vocals, often eschewing instruments altogether as they wrote. Nowhere is this more apparent than
the melancholic ballads of ‘Wildfires’ and ‘Darkness Is Coming’. On high energy, hook laden tracks such as ‘Lack Lustre Rush’, ‘Surrounded By Diamonds’, and ‘Ghosts’, the distortion and the searing yet elegant guitar lines hang on the brothers’ vocal melodies.
· ‘Innocence’ is the band’s first album since 2012’s ‘Echo Ono’.
· Pontiak will tour extensively in both the US and Europe.
· In addition to designing their own album artwork, Pontiak film, edit, and direct all their music videos. The band recently released an 18 minute short film entitled ‘Heat Leisure’ that features the band collaborating with Greg
Fox (Guardian Alien). The film premiered as an official selection at the Chicago International Music & Movies Festival.
· LP version features spot UV gloss printing on cover, an artworked inner sleeve and free download coupon. The first 500 LPs are pressed on white vinyl, with the remaining copies on black.
· “This remarkably consistent trio continues to zigzag through endless lilting grooves, let those vintage tube amps glow, and humbly slaughter the bythe-books stoner metal faction. Incandescence, in the age of fluorescence.” -
Under The Radar
· “A true psychedelic, stoner metal experience without all the assorted clichés.” - Pop Matters
· “Recalling the power and the glory of the Stooges and MC5” - Rolling Stone
Lack Lustre Rush
It’s The Greatest
Surrounded By Diamonds
Beings Of The Rarest
Darkness Is Coming
We’ve Got It Wrong