Release Date: 13 January 2014
Format: LP Double Vinyl
Out of Stock
|Bruce Springsteen High Hopes Limited Vinyl 2LP Set + Liner Notes
Bruce Springsteen's new album 'High Hopes' has been set for January 13 release on Columbia Records. 'High Hopes' finds Springsteen in a number of different musical settings, and includes the members of the E Street Band as well as guitarist Tom Morello and many additional players. The album was recorded in New Jersey, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Australia and New York City and marks Springsteen's 18th studio album.
The 'High Hopes' album packaging includes Springsteen's own liner notes that detail the album's evolution (full text of the liner notes is below).
Morello joined Springsteen and the E Street Band on tour in Australia in March, 2013 (sitting in for Steve Van Zandt), and became, as Springsteen says, "my muse, pushing the rest of this project to another level." Besides his guitar playing on the album, Morello also duets with Springsteen on "The Ghost of Tom Joad." Clarence Clemons, who passed away in 2011, and Danny Federici, who passed away in 2008, also appear on several songs of what Springsteen calls "some of our best unreleased material from the past decade."
1. High Hopes (Tim Scott McConnell) - featuring Tom Morello
2. Harry's Place * - featuring Tom Morello
3. American Skin (41 Shots) - featuring Tom Morello
4. Just Like Fire Would (Chris J. Bailey) - featuring Tom Morello
5. Down In The Hole *
6. Heaven's Wall ** -featuring Tom Morello
7. Frankie Fell In Love
8. This Is Your Sword
9. Hunter Of Invisible Game * -featuring Tom Morello
10. The Ghost of Tom Joad - duet with Tom Morello
12. Dream Baby Dream (Martin Rev and Alan Vega) - featuring Tom Morello