Release Date: 25 November 2013
Format: LP Vinyl
|The Monks Kitchen Music From The Monks Kitchen Limited Deluxe Heavyweight Vinyl lP + CD
· The Monks Kitchen return after a 6 year hiatus with a full length album on Wonderfulsound.
· In 2007 The Monks Kitchen released a debut mini LP on James (Libertines / The Strokes) Endicott’s new venture 1965 Records. 6 years later the well weathered, hermit-like melancholic trio return with an album of 18 songs recorded in attics, lofts and borrowed vintage analogue equipment. Some recordings can be traced back to 12 years previous, others 2 months ago.
· There’s poetry, harmony, soundscapes, twelve strings, autoharps, pianos, xylophones and a distinct lack of choruses. And with no clear lead singer, and half the tracks instrumental, the only tangible thread is that there’s no clue what form of conjured beauty or dark rambling will follow.
· ‘Music From The Monks Kitchen’ tells a subtle strange story that requires full sonic immersion.
· The vinyl format is pressed on deluxe heavyweight vinyl and includes a copy of the album on CD.
On A Dark Black Ocean
Hollow Of The Night
Don't Lie Awake
I Wanna Go
III Legged Dog
Up On The Breeze
Red And Gold