|Finders Keepers Records
Release Date: 28 October 2013
Format: LP Vinyl
|Emerald Web / S Mcloughlin & A Cooper ‘The Garden Of Mirrors’ / ‘Supernatural Lancashire Volume Two’ Limited Vinyl LP
· It has taken over four very active years for the people behind the Finders Keepers label family to finally return to what we still consider to be one of our favourite vinyl
projects. The ongoing Disposable Music library subscription series is a series which pools some of the best emotive, comprehensive, previously unavailable instrumental music from the unmarked archives of experimental artists within the expanding Finders Keepers family and presents it as a series of uniformed archival vinyl discs.
· Like all the most influential library music labels of the 60s, 70s and 80s the music from DiM is sourced, compiled and produced catering to the requirements of the film, television and radio industries but as the interest in thematic instrumental ‘picture music’ seeps deeper into the record collector psyche these limited multi-purpose discs
are naturally recommended for whichever creative application you see fit.
· Each disc combines two full musical programmes sourced from both vintage archives and new exclusive recordings by contemporary artists specially paired to compliment the individual musical sensibilities and mutual affection.
· This time Disposable Music are proud to bring metronomic jazz made for the Swiss cheese information board; wind synth music designed for planetariums; possessed pastoral mechanical folklore sounds; primitive electric organ sci-fi music; Spaghetti Western themes for Scandinavian fashion shows; drum machine music for household appliances; unused Polish detective theme tunes; Gallic dreamscapes for graveyard dates; mouthorgan music for mutants; Eastern street music field studies, and a selection of commercially unreleased tracks that have been recycled from French and
American horror soundtracks, short-run TV ads, one-off radio programmes and educational science programmes.
· Following one of the most requested titles on the first Disposable Music collection,Sam Mcloughlin and Alison Cooper’s ‘Supernatural Lancashire Volume Two’ brings a
wide selection of self-made acoustic and electronic instruments to their Northern rehearsal room to blend semi-improvised melody and syncopated mechanical folk - evoking sonic images of bygone rural industry, religious corruption, hallucinogenic medicines, scenes from classic pastoral UK horror films and cautionary European fakelore.
Emerald Web - Emergence
Emerald Web - Interlude
Emerald Web - Through The Garden Of Mirrors
Emerald Web - Doppler Bells 2
Emerald Web - In The Eye Of Jupiter's Hurricane
Emerald Web - Inside The Hall Of Chips
Emerald Web - Twilight
Emerald Web - Freefall
Emerald Web - Dreamspun
Supernatural Lancashire - The Fox Moth
Supernatural Lancashire - Hleapan
Supernatural Lancashire - Hexagons Above Dovestones
Supernatural Lancashire - Kept Birds Fly In Recurring Circles
Supernatural Lancashire - Hleapan #2
Supernatural Lancashire - The Continuing Trade Of Old Canky
Supernatural Lancashire - Skrikers Steal In To Sight
Supernatural Lancashire - A Plague Of Coded Knocking
Supernatural Lancashire - Consumed By Opal Waters
Supernatural Lancashire - Lunaris